May be issued for $15 for an annual permit or $7.50 for a semester permit provided the original permit is returned (even if in remnants) or proof of sale of the original vehicle or transfer registration is presented. Every effort should be made to keep the removed permit’s number intact. When the original permit, or sufficient remnants is not returned or proof of sale or transfer is not provided, the replacement fee shall be the full fee in effect at the time of the replacement. The full fee also applies to permits to replace those that are reported lost. The replacement fee for a stolen permit is $20.00; however, if a permit is stolen, a police report must be filed and a stolen permit form signed before a replacement permit may be issued for the $20.00 fee.
It is to your advantage to remove any permit from a vehicle that is sold or no longer in use. Permit numbers may be used as identifiers.
Temporary parking permits must be obtained when an unregistered, substitute vehicle is being parked on campus. A temporary permit may be obtained at the Visitor and Parking Information Center or at the Parking and Transportation Services Office during business hours. Temporary permits are issued at no charge and may be issued for a period of 1 week. A maximum of six (6) temporary permits may be issued to a university constituent in a single semester. Failure to obtain a temporary permit will result in a citation for registration violation. A temporary permit shall be displayed on the vehicle rear view mirror facing forward. A temporary permit is issued to a specific vehicle and is not transferable. Since hang tag permits are transferable from vehicle to vehicle, holders of hang tag permits may be issued a temporary permit for one day only as one-time courtesy.
Short term pay by app parking is located at various parking zones around campus. A parking permit is not required while parking in, timed parking spaces zones; however, the appropriate fee must be paid even if a valid parking permit is on the vehicle.
Unless otherwise posted, short-term timed parking spaces are enforced 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Parking Safety Tips
- Always lock your vehicle.
- Lock valuables in the trunk; don’t leave them in plain view in your vehicle.
- Never leave personal ID cards or credit cards in your vehicle.
- Never leave your vehicle running while it’s unattended.
- Have your keys in hand when approaching your vehicle.
- Look inside the vehicle prior to entering it. Be aware of your surroundings at all times.
- Install an anti-theft device that is highly visible and hard to defeat.
- Park in a well-lighted parking garage or lot.
- Avoid walking alone at night unless absolutely unavoidable. Walk in well-lighted,
- Report any suspicious persons or activity to the University Police Department