Tips to Avoid Citations
Many times citations given out at UCF are due to common and easily avoidable mistakes. Here is a list of tips that can help you avoid receiving a parking citation.
- Display your valid UCF parking permit as instructed. Read mounting instructions.
- Destroy your expired hang tag. Cutting up your expired hang tag prevents others from
using it and having citations attached to your account.
- Park in your designated parking area.
- Obey posted signs and barricades.
- Use the Pegasus Express to get around campus.
- Pay parking meters – even if you have a valid permit. Meters may be enforced 24/7.
- Reserved spaces and posted resident lots are restricted 24/7.
- Don’t alter your parking permit—your vehicle will be immobilized. The fines and
penalties for permit alteration and the immobilization of your vehicle may exceed $150.
- Don’t share your hang tag. As the permit owner you are responsible for all parking
citations issued to your permit.
- Don’t block access to any disabled space or ramp and don’t park in a disabled space
without a valid State Disabled placard (issued to you) and a valid UCF permit.
- Don’t park on the grass or sidewalk.
- Don’t block service drives.
- Contact Parking and Transportation Services for any questions or clarification of